Luxury India Cruise on the Brahmaputra River
The Brahmaputra, the son of Brahma, the creator in the Hindu pantheon is both life-giver and destroyer, the grim reaper whose scythe year after year rips through the very crops that its waters would have nourished just months before, now turning seed to waste, an annual baptism that is the essence of life on the Brahmaputra.
Cruising the Brahmaputra celebrates the rich cultural heritage of Assam, as well as its array of unique wildlife. Spot Rhinos, elephants and maybe even India’s most famous resident, the Bengal Tiger from your cruise vessel. Enjoy a gin and tonic from a sun lounger on deck as you meander through one of India’s most remote national park and at night reap the rewards of unpacking once as you retire to your luxury cabin and your home away from home aboard the glorious ABN Charaidew II.
LUXURY INDIA CRUISE – TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Spot wildlife both on included safaris and from the comfort of the deck of the ship, Gin and Tonic in hand – keep a sharp lookout for Elephants, Rhino and even Tigers
- Visit a medieval temple which is underwater for six months of the year, stroll local markets and take a rickshaw ride to see stone carvings in Tezpur
- Walk the streets of Kolkata with an included tour that showcases the history of this city which is somehow both chaotic and charming
- Travel aboard the luxury ABN Charaidew II a personal river boat experience with only 18-cabins.
Trip style: LUXE
Max group size: 36
KOLKATA – JORHAT
Departure Date: 25 January 2024
OR CONTACT US for more information
Trip code: UIKJ *from
Duration: 10 Days
Trip style: Luxe
Group size: 36 (18-cabins)
Trip code: WIKG
Cost: From $5008.00 AUD twin share (Main Deck Cabin)
Single supplement: Enquire now
- 2-nights accommodation in luxury hotel & 7-night accomodation onboard the ABN Charaidew II
- Domestic flight from Kolkata to Guwahati or Jorhat in economy class (7kg hand luggage & 15kg checked baggage)
- Meals as specified in itinerary (B = Breakfast / L = Lunch / D = Dinner)
- Services of local guides
- Chauffeur driven Toyotal Innova Cars
- Entry fees to sites listed
- All applicable government taxes
Trip price does not include
- International airfares airfares
- Visa for India
- Meals not included as per trip itinerary including drinks and mini bar
- Additional accommodation before or after the tour
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to laundry, souvenirs, porterage etc.
- Travel insurance – please note comprehensive travel insurance is a condition of travel with Inverted Atlas
Journey Rating – Wander
This luxury India cruise travels to India, a country that is somewhat accustomed to tourists and travellers. On occasion, you will find that the local people are very curious about you and where you come from and at times you may even feel like a celebrity. This trip does involve some walking during the sightseeing, to get the most out of this trip you should be able to walk confidently across uneven surfaces. Women are strongly advised to either wear a floor length dress with sleeves or pants with a long kaftan over the top while on excisions from the ship and in Kolkata. While not mandatory, this will avoid causing offense culturally and prevent a lot of unwanted attention. To be culturally sensitive, men should wear trousers.
A note about fitness
This luxury India cruise requires a basic level of physical fitness. You should be able to walk up to 1km at times and manage uneven surfaces during sightseeing, which will sometimes be at an incline. In addition, you should be able to climb up to 25 stairs unassisted.
In addition, you should be in good health, with no major chronic conditions requiring frequent medical attention. While all our tour guides are required to have a valid first aid certificate, they are far from doctors and any assistance they are able to provide will be limited to basic first aid. For more information please see our booking conditions.
Traveling by yourself? No problem, we love single travellers! In this instance please enquire with us if you require a single cabin.
This itinerary is correct at the time of upload to our website and we have composed it in good faith. From time to time we may elect to make changes before departure, if we are making a big change we will of course notify you, however if it is a small change this will be reflected in the final trip notes. So, make sure you download these prior to departure. Small changes prior to departure are usually made with the groups best interests in mind and come about due to liaising with our best resources – our past travelers and of course our local partners! The ability to change and evolve depending on what our travelers enjoy is what makes us such a great trip operator.
While we strive to operate our trips exactly to the letter of the itinerary, sometimes we may need to make changes on the ground while the group is on the road. This is all part of the adventure of traveling and we would ask that you come on your trip with an open mind and a good sense of humour because as much as we want it to, everything doesn’t always go to plan. In fact, these impromptu situations often make the best stories that you can have a laugh with your friends about later.
Luxury India Cruise – Your Ship
ABN Charaidew II
The ABN Charaidew II has 18 cabins: two spacious double-bedded cabins and 12 twin/double-bedded cabins on the upper deck.
All cabins are en suite, with a writing desk and chair, mini-fridge and individual climate control. The standard cabins have a French balcony, while the two deluxe cabins have private balconies.
UPPER DECK DELUXE DOUBLE-BEDDED CABIN – $6119 AUD per person twin share
This cabin (350 sq. ft.) is located on the upper deck. The spacious cabin opens out to a comfortable sit out, offering guests a better vantage point from which to watch Assam glide by.
UPPER DECK TWIN/DOUBLE CABIN – $5652 AUD per person twin share
This cabin (240 sq. ft.) is located on the upper deck, and can be converted into twin or double beds. This cabin has a French balcony from which you can watch the spectacular scenery.
MAIN DECK QUEEN BEDDED CABIN – $5008 AUD per person twin share
This cabin (170 sq.ft.) has a queen size bed, is located on the main deck and also has a French balcony.
- Spacious cabins with individual climate control
- En suite shower/WC with boutique toiletries and hair dryer
- Generous cupboard space and underbed storage
- In-room safe
- Tea/coffee making facilities in each room
- Vast sundeck both open and shaded, with sofas and sunloungers
- Spacious air-conditioned salon
- Mini Library
- Spa with choice of treatments
- Onboard Gym
Minimum Age: 16 years
There is no shared accommodation on this trip, in this instance we would welcome everyone above the age of 16 years. Should you wish to bring younger children, please give us a call.
There is no upper age limit for this trip, but you should consider the above fitness requirements prior to booking. If you are 65 years or over, you will be asked to complete our Health Check Form and have your medical practitioner sign it to confirm you are in good health and able to participate safely on this trip.
Please note that comprehensive travel insurance is a condition of travel with Inverted Atlas. Insurance must include provision for medical situations, emergency medical repatriation to your home country and personal liability at a minimum. Proof of valid travel insurance will be requested by your trip leader on arrival at the pre-departure meeting. Please have this paperwork available for them. If you are unable to provide proof of comprehensive travel insurance, you may not be allowed to join the trip and no refund will be payable.