Small Group Tours with a difference
Thanks to special permission from the Egyptian government this tour enjoys unparalleled access to many archaeological sites all over Egypt. Visit an active archaeological dig, explore the newly opened Grand Egyptian Museum* and stand in the Sphinx enclosure at Giza right between the paws of the ancient stone beast. Explore the opulent tomb of Nefertari, in the Valley of the Queens, and the immense tomb of Seti I, both recently the subject of years of ongoing renovations. Discover the extensive subterranean labyrinths of the Step-Pyramid of King Djoser and the Serapeum, the tomb of the Apis Bull at Saqqara and venture into the deserts of middle Egypt to explore the tombs of the Amarna period and Akhenaten’s lost city in the desert.
- Unparalleled access to sites which only accept a low number of visitors or are off limits to the public completely such as the tombs of Nefertari & Seti I and the underground chambers of the Step Pyramid.
- Discover some of Egyptology’s lesser-known marvels with visits to the early 4th dynasty pyramid of Meidum, the Seti I temple at Abydos, the tomb of the Apis Bull at Saqqara and the archaeological site of Amarna, Akhenaten’s city in the desert
- Visit an active archaeological dig at Heirakonpolis, Egypt’s first unified capital and the site of history’s first zoo.
- Safari into the dunes surrounding the Fayoum to see the fossils of whale bones in the desert, explore the beautiful streets of Tunis village; considered one of the most beautiful in Egypt and pay a visit to the enigma of the archaeological site of Tanis which contains statues that date back to before the city was founded.
- Stay in traditional and historic hotels throughout, as well as locally boutique hotels and lodges on this archaeology trip to rival all others
Be sure to book your spot early, this small group tour which includes access to sites and experiences not available to most travellers won’t be around forever.
Why choose Inverted Atlas?
Take the road less travelled, discover hidden wonders away from the usual tourist trail and completely immerse yourself in the destination with hotels, restaurants and experiences that both compliment your trip and which you wouldn’t get anywhere else.
Each tour at Inverted Atlas is someone’s ‘baby’. Tours are created by passionate individuals who are experts in the destinations and often the person who created the tour leads the tour making the trip leader the go to person from start to finish.
We don’t believe in penalising singles for travelling alone. You can choose to share with another single of the same sex if you’re ok with making a new friend or pay the single supplement which we charge at cost price to us with no profit. We just love our singles that much!
Sign up for our mailing list
Want to be the first to hear when a new tour is released?
Get exclusive discounts?
Have helpful travel articles delivered straight to your inbox?