The Great Migration Safari
An unparalleled luxury safari tour
Embark on an extraordinary journey with us as we traverse through Tanzania’s renowned national parks, bearing witness to the awe-inspiring spectacle of the Great Migration – up close and personal.
Our meticulously curated luxury camps, exclusive to us, provide a private and comfortable oasis where you can unwind after exhilarating days filled with wildlife sightings and game drives. Expect personalized service from our team, starting from the moment you enquire until after you return home.
Sean Lues, an expert guide, will enlighten you with his extensive knowledge, experience and passion about the region, enabling you to appreciate the richness and diversity of the local flora and fauna.
From the ancient and massive baobab trees of Tarangire National Park to the vast grasslands of the Serengeti, this safari promises to be an unforgettable adventure. We focus on providing you with privileged access to these breathtaking locations, promising extraordinary wildlife sightings and unique cultural encounters. Don’t miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to explore Tanzania’s natural wonders in luxury and exclusivity – join us now!
LUXURY SAFARI TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Witness one of the wonders of the natural world as the herds of Africa’s great plains migrate across rivers and over long distances to their new seasonal territories
- Safari through Ngorongoro Crater keeping a sharp eye for Africa’s ‘Big five’ Lion, Cape Buffalo, Leopard, Elephant and Rhino
- Meet the tribes of the Eyasi and Datonga people on the shores of Lake Eyasi – the Datonga consider themselves the oldest tribe in Tanzania.
- Explore the lesser visited Tarangire National Park with its extremely rich game including migratory wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, impala, gazelle, hartebeest and eland.
- Stay in opulent exclusive lodges the height of old world African safari luxury
Trip style: Luxe
Max group size: 12
Duration: 14 Days
Trip style: Luxe
Group size: Minimum 6 / Maximum 12
Trip code: GSOO
Cost: $26 450 AUD twin share
Single supplement: $Please enquire
- 13-nights accommodation in unique and exclusive luxury game lodges
- Domestic flights as mentioned in the itinerary (Ngorongoro – Northern Serengeti / Serengeti – Arusha)
- All Meals as specified in itinerary (B = Breakfast / L = Lunch / D = Dinner) and house drinks
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- All game drives as mentioned in the itinerary
- Park entrance fees, camp fees and conservation fees
- Services of your trip leader and local guides
- Membership to the Flying Doctor’s emergency evacuation scheme whist on safari
Trip price does not include
- International airfares
- Visa for Tanzania
- Premium drinks
- Additional accommodation before or after the tour
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to souvenirs, porterag, gratuities etc.
- Travel insurance – please note comprehensive travel insurance is a condition of travel with Inverted Atlas
Journey Rating – Journey
This is a luxury safari tour through the National Parks of Tanzania, a country that is rugged, but which has some of the best accommodation available in Africa. There are some long travel days, but rest assured on arrival we will always be checking in to accommodation that is of a luxury standard. Tanzania is largely tribal and if you have never been anywhere in the developing world, you could be in for a bit of a culture shock.
Facilities such as pharmacies, banks and ATM’s will be largely absent and travellers should bring cash in USD which is king in Africa.
Any dietary requirements should not be an issue while traveling on this trip, provided they are disclosed to Inverted Atlas at the time of booking.
A note about fitness
This luxury safari tour requires a moderate level of physical fitness. You should be able to walk up to 2km at times and manage uneven surfaces during sightseeing, which will sometimes be at an incline.
In addition, you should be in good health, with no major chronic conditions requiring frequent medical attention. This trip often travels through remote locations where the availability of a hospital or even phone reception to call an ambulance is limited. While all our trip leaders are required to have a valid first aid certificate, they are far from doctors and any assistance they are able to provide will be limited to basic first aid. For more information please see our booking conditions.
Traveling by yourself? No problem, we love single travellers and don’t believe in penalising them by charging half the trip price again for our single supplement. With us you are only paying the actual cost to have a room all to yourself. If you’re up for making a new friend, you can elect to share with another single traveller of the same sex and only pay the twin-share price. The choice is yours!
Trip leader description
Accompanying you along your luxury safari tour will be your trip leader. Your trip leader is a logistics extraordinaire, keeps the trip running smoothly and ensures you have the best time possible on your trip. It is important to know that while your trip leader has the best job in the world, they aren’t actually on holidays, but rather they are there to make sure you have the best time while you are on your holiday! Your trip leader may at times need some time out so that they can complete back of house tasks that ensure everyone continues to enjoy the trip. It is also your trip leaders’ job to handle any issues (heaven forbid!) that come up while you’re on your trip like:
- If you lose your passport or other travel documents
- If there is a problem with your room at the booked accommodation – seriously please tell your trip leader don’t wait until you leave
- If you become unwell and need to find a pharmacy
- Assisting with restaurant recommendations or additional sightseeing during free time
- Questions regarding the itinerary
Your trip leader will have some good local knowledge about the destination in which you are traveling, however they are not a ‘local guide’. You’re welcome to ask your trip leader anything about the trip and if they don’t know they will find out and get back to you. Other people you will meet along the way are ‘local guides’ who are generally available to the group in specific towns or at specific sites like national parks, temples or archaeological sites. These people are the local experts and will be able to answer any questions you may have about the history and culture of a specific site.
A taste of the Great Migration with Sean Lues
This itinerary is correct at the time of upload to our website and we have composed it in good faith. From time to time we may elect to make changes before departure, if we are making a big change we will of course notify you, however if it is a small change this will be reflected in the final trip notes. So, make sure you download these prior to departure. Small changes prior to departure are usually made with the groups best interests in mind and come about due to liaising with our best resources – our past travelers and of course our trip leaders! The ability to change and evolve depending on what our travelers enjoy is what makes us such a great trip operator.
While we strive to operate our trips exactly to the letter of the itinerary, sometimes we may need to make changes on the ground while the group is on the road. This is all part of the adventure of traveling and we would ask that you come on your trip with an open mind and a good sense of humour because as much as we want it to, everything doesn’t always go to plan. In fact, these impromptu situations often make the best stories that you can have a laugh with your friends about later.
This trip is run in conjunction with our friends at Journeys Worldwide.
Minimum Age: 18 years
There is no upper age limit for this trip, but you should consider the above fitness requirements prior to booking. If you are 65 years or over, you will be asked to complete our Health Check Form and have your medical practitioner sign it to confirm you are in good health and able to participate safely on this trip.
Please note that comprehensive travel insurance is a condition of travel with Inverted Atlas. Insurance must include provision for medical situations, emergency medical repatriation to your home country and personal liability at a minimum. Proof of valid travel insurance will be requested by your trip leader on arrival at the pre-departure meeting. Please have this paperwork available for them. If you are unable to provide proof of comprehensive travel insurance, you may not be allowed to join the trip and no refund will be payable.