Phoenician Riches – A Luxury Tour of Lebanon
Embark, in style, on an adventure to the crossroads of humanity, on this tour to discover wonders past and present in the land of Lebanon. Explore the trading centres of Byblos and Tyre, used by the mysterious Phoenician peoples to ship goods all over the ancient Mediterranean world. Wander through the streets of one of the most epic archaeological wonders ever discovered at the site of Baalbek and gaze in awe at the huge temples of Jupiter, king of the Gods, and Bacchus, god of wine. Take some time out for the finer things in life with visits with vineyards to taste some of Lebanon’s famous wine, eat in some of the countries best restaurants and even learn to cook a traditional Lebanese meal.
Walk among the Cedar trees in the Kadisha Valley, visit the beautiful Beiteddine Palace and learn all about Lebanese handicraft making at Bkerzay.
This tour is all of the adventure with none of the inconvenience! Stay in beautiful boutique and historic hotels throughout, experience a stay in a working monastery in the Kadisha Valley and relax in an eco-retreat near Shouf.
LUXURY TOUR OF LEBANON HIGHLIGHTS
- Explore the imposing archaeological site of Baalbek which includes two of the largest Roman Temples ever discovered
- Visit the small coastal cities of Byblos and Tyre, two of the oldest inhabited places on Earth and which were used as trading ports by the Phoenicians, a people who traded with Egypt, Mesopotamia, Anatolia and Greece
- Explore the ‘Cedars of God Forest’ and walk among the trees famed in the land of Lebanon since the dawn of civilisation
- Learn to make a home cooked Lebanese meal and taste some of the wine Lebanon is famous for at a chateau in Ksara
- Stay in boutique hotels throughout as well as a working monastery in the Kadisha Valley and mountain retreat near Shouf, the perfect way to unwind on your luxury tour of Lebanon.
Trip style: Luxe
Max group size: 15
BEIRUT – BEIRUT
$10 750 AUD*
*** New departure coming soon ***
OR CONTACT US for more information
Click the button then select ‘Phoenician Riches’ from the drop down menu.
Trip code: PRBB *from
Duration: 15 Days
Trip style: Luxe
Group size: Minimum 6 / Maximum 15
Trip code: PRBB
Cost: $10 750.00 AUD twin share
Single supplement: $2755.00 AUD
- 14-nights’ accommodation in boutique, traditional hotels and in a working monastery in the Kadisha Valley (2-nights – please note this accommodation is of a shared nature).
- Meals as specified in itinerary (B = Breakfast / L = Lunch / D = Dinner)
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Services of your Inverted Atlas trip leader and local guides
Tour price does not include
- International airfares or domestic airfares
- Visa for Lebanon (please note, if you have Israeli stamps in your passport, you will be denied entry to Lebanon)
- Any expenses associated with COVID-19
- Meals not included as per tour itinerary including drinks and mini bar
- Additional accommodation before or after the tour
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to laundry, souvenirs, porterage etc.
- Travel insurance – please note comprehensive travel insurance is a condition of travel with Inverted Atlas
Journey Rating – Journey
This is a luxury tour of Lebanon, a country not so accustomed to tourism and people may be curious about you and where you come from but will be, in general, friendly in nature. Toilets you encounter in public restrooms or in remote unscheduled stops along the way may be of the eastern ‘squat’ variety. There are some long travel days, but rest assured on arrival we will always be checking in to accommodation that is of a good standard and all transport is via the use of an air-conditioned coach. The weather in Lebanon can change rapidly depending on the area we are traveling through, and it can be a bit chilly in the mountains. Facilities such as pharmacies, banks and ATM’s can be found in large cities and towns but may be absent from smaller villages and remote places.
Any dietary requirements should not be an issue while traveling on this tour, provided they are disclosed to Inverted Atlas at the time of booking.
A note about fitness
This luxury tour of Lebanon requires a moderate level of physical fitness. You should be able to walk up to 2km over, at times uneven surfaces during sightseeing. In addition, you should be able to use an eastern style squat toilet if necessary (beware if you have knee issues).
You will need to be able to carry your own luggage to and from the coach and on and off the trains and ferries. (Due to OH&S regulations our trip leaders are not able to assist with luggage.)
In addition, you should be in good health, with no major chronic conditions requiring frequent medical attention. This trip often travels through remote locations where the availability of a hospital or even phone reception to call an ambulance is limited. While all our trip leaders are required to have a valid first aid certificate, they are far from doctors and any assistance they are able to provide will be limited to basic first aid. For more information please see our booking conditions.
Traveling by yourself? No problem, we love single travellers and don’t believe in penalising them by charging half the tour price again for our single supplement. With us you are only paying the actual cost to have a room all to yourself. If you’re up for making a new friend, you can elect to share with another single traveller of the same sex and only pay the twin-share price. The choice is yours!
Please note, the single supplement on this tour does not include the monastery stay in the Kadisha Valley where the accommodation is of a shared nature.
Trip leader description
Accompanying you along your journey will be your Inverted Atlas trip leader. Your trip leader is a logistics extraordinaire, keeps the trip running smoothly and ensures you have the best time possible on your trip. It is important to know that while your trip leader has the best job in the world, they aren’t actually on holidays, but rather they are there to make sure you have the best time while you are on your holiday! Your trip leader may at times need some time out so that they can complete back of house tasks that ensure everyone continues to enjoy the trip. It is also your trip leaders’ job to handle any issues (heaven forbid!) that come up while you’re on your trip like:
- If you lose your passport or other travel documents
- If there is a problem with your room at the booked accommodation – seriously please tell your trip leader don’t wait until you leave
- If you become unwell and need to find a pharmacy
- Assisting with restaurant recommendations or additional sightseeing during free time
- Questions regarding the itinerary
Your trip leader will have some good local knowledge about the destination in which you are traveling, however they are not a ‘local guide’. You’re welcome to ask your trip leader anything about the trip and if they don’t know they will find out and get back to you. Other people you will meet along the way are ‘local guides’ who are generally available to the group in specific towns or at specific sites like national parks, temples or archaeological sites. These people are the local experts and will be able to answer any questions you may have about the history and culture of a specific site.
This itinerary is correct at the time of upload to our website and we have composed it in good faith. From time to time we may elect to make changes before departure, if we are making a big change we will of course notify you, however if it is a small change this will be reflected in the final tour notes. So, make sure you download these prior to departure. Small changes prior to departure are usually made with the groups best interests in mind and come about due to liaising with our best resources – our past travelers and of course our tour leaders! The ability to change and evolve depending on what our travelers enjoy is what makes us such a great tour operator.
While we strive to operate our tour exactly to the letter of the itinerary, sometimes we may need to make changes on the ground while the group is on the road. This is all part of the adventure of traveling and we would ask that you come on your tour with an open mind and a good sense of humour because as much as we want it to, everything doesn’t always go to plan. In fact, these impromptu situations often make the best stories that you can have a laugh with your friends about later.
Minimum Age: 18 years
Due to the shared nature of some of the accommodation, children are not permitted on this tour.
There is no upper age limit for this tour, but you should consider the above fitness requirements prior to booking. If you are 65 years or over, you will be asked to complete our Health Check Form and have your medical practitioner sign it to confirm you are in good health and able to participate safely on this tour.
Please note that comprehensive travel insurance is a condition of travel with Inverted Atlas. Insurance must include provision for medical situations, emergency medical repatriation to your home country and personal liability at a minimum. Proof of valid travel insurance will be requested by your trip leader on arrival at the pre-departure meeting. Please have this paperwork available for them. If you are unable to provide proof of comprehensive travel insurance, you may not be allowed to join the trip and no refund will be payable.